Ask the SIMUL8 Community

Working on a Shared resource between two Activities

PraveenPraveen
Created at
in Community support
Here I am looking for a support for the following matter in my simulation model. Still I could not find any solution for the following mentioned matter. I would be very grateful to you if you could present me the solution for the matter. Here, I am sending the simulation model which was built by me, and the regarding matter as follows.
Current Situation- Resource 1 is shared resource between Activity 1 and Activity 2. Here, the Resource 1 complete 1 work item in Activity 1 and moves to Activity 2. After that, Resource 1 complete 1 work item in Activity 2 and moves to Activity 1.

Required Modification - Resource 1 complete 5 work items in Activity 1 and moves to Activity 2. After that, Resource 1 complete 5 work items in Activity 2 and moves to Activity 1. However, this process should be continued throughout the whole simulation run.

Comments

• Was this answer helpful?

Hi,

If I understand the logic of your simulation correctly, it should work if you use (for both activities) Routing In > Collect 5 ("Do not collect until all available) and assign the resource as normal to both activities. Then, the resource will work until 5 work items are processed and only then will be released to go to the next/previous activity.

Hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file