Need help to build visual logic based on label value — SIMUL8 Community Forum

Head (after)

Ask the SIMUL8 Community

Content (before)

Need help to build visual logic based on label value

KumarKumar
Created at
in Community support
I am new to Simul8, I am trying to build logic for work item exit based on label matching. Consider this example.
I have Start point, Queue 1, Activity 1, Activity 2 and End Point.
Work item A1,A2,A3,A4,A5 labeled attached as 1,2,3,4,5 are entering in Queue 1 and Activity 1, but now I want after Activity 1 using label sequence as 3,4,1,2,5 work items should enter in Activity 2 in as A3,A4,A1,A2,A5 respectively.

Best Wishes,
Kumar

Comments

• Was this answer helpful?

It is unclear what you want. Do you want to change the label after it leaves Activity 1? Do you want to change the priority of the items as they might be waiting in a queue for Activity 2 so that they are processed in a specific order? Do you want to wait until all five of the items are processed in Activity 1 and then change the order of processing for Activity 2?

So try to clarify what you are trying to do.
  • BetweenComments (1)

• Was this answer helpful?

Hi Kumar,

if I understand it correctly, you want to change the order in which the work items enter activity 2? Firstly, I would maybe think about how useful this is because you would probably really want work to come in the right order, otherwise your efficiency is significantly reduced as you have to wait for A3 while your A1 is sitting idly in the queue. Nevertheless, suppose that your work items are arriving from a different line and cannot be ordered before, you could probably use the feature 'batch in by type' or 'batch in by condition' which is available on the activity (in your case you would go to Activity 2)>routing in>options tab

Both of them would work, the batch in by condition might be quite good if you have your sequence in a spreadsheet. You could have a global variable which would count how many work items have entered your activity 2 and use that global variable to reference a row in the spreadsheet which would have your order in it (cell A1 = 3, cell A2 = 4,...). You could then have the condition as follows:

The batching in by condition essentially don't take a work item in unless it's the right type (right label value) or condition (which can also use labels but offers more functionality). If you were to use the batching in by type, you would have to use VL to change the label value each time.

I hope that gives you some idea.

Thanks,
    Kristyna

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Content (after)