Head (after)

Ask the SIMUL8 Community

Content (before)

Questions about overtime thing

Adeline_SongAdeline_Song
Created at
in Community support

Hi guys!

I have no idea how to check the exit time of the last work item in Simul8 (student version). For example, the regular working time is 7am-5pm every day, but sometimes workers need to complete the last work until 6:30 because we don't allow delaying or keeping work till the next day. So we want to know exactly when will the last work be finished. However, there's no overtime option in the student version, so hope you experts could help me out of this.

p.s. Some people said that we could use time stamp label, but I don't know how to collect the exact time using this.

Thanks so much if anyone could give me a quick reply or tutorial on this!

Comments

• Was this answer helpful?

Hi! I understand that even if your simulation takes 10 hours, the system might run for 11:30 hours until all work is finished by the end of the day. If you want to run it for only a day, I recommend running it for 11:30, set a dummy Activity right after the Start Point, and make set its Batching by Condition to Simulation Time >=600. I also advise you to have a look here for more info on these: https://www.simul8.com/support/help/doku.php?id=glossary , https://www.simul8.com/support/help/doku.php?id=features:batchbycondition .

Now, about the exact time, I believe that time stamp labels is the correct way to go. These carry a different value for each of the work items reaches the End Point, so if you segregate results, the item with the lowest value, is the one that arrived last into the simulation. If you do Simulation Time- the lowest value, you can estimate the time the last work item was processed.

Does this make sense?
    Jean-Baptiste

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Attach file
Attach image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

Content (after)